For Speaking engagements contact The Lavin Agency
Other Lisa D. Cook Web Pages
Podcasts, Profiles, and Interviews
- Macro Musings
- “How Economics Excludes Black Women”, Lisa D. Cook and Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman with Cardiff Garcia, NPR Planet Money Podcast, December 18, 2019
- “Is the Fed’s Independence on the Line?” Interview with Lisa D. Cook and Dan Loney, Knowledge@Wharton Radio, April 11, 2019
- 13,000 Economists. 1 Question”, Lisa D. Cook, Mary Daly, Brad DeLong, Betsy Stevenson, Emily Oster, Scott Cunningham, and David Autor with Nick Fountain and Jacob Goldstein, NPR Planet Money Podcast, January 10, 2020.
- “How Violence Limits Economic Activity,” Cardiff Garcia interview with Lisa D. Cook, NPR Planet Money Podcast, February 11, 2019
- Interview with Lisa D. Cook, Soumaya Keynes, The Economist Podcast, 2019 (need link)
- Interview with Lisa D. Cook, Barb Flowers, Women in Economics Podcast Series, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, February 20, 2019
- ICPSR Council Profile
- Vox EU Profile
- Aspen Ideas Festival Profile
- “Lisa D. Cook: Finding Economics,” AEA CSMGEP Profiles
- MSU Engaged Scholar Magazine Profile
- “Lisa Cook Interview,” Douglas Clement, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, December 11, 2018
- “Female Economists Push Their Field Toward a #MeToo Reckoning,” Ben Casselman and Jim Tankersley, New York Times, January 10, 2019
- “Women in Economics Report Rampant Sexual Assault and Bias,” Ben Casselman and Jim Tankersley, New York Times, March 18, 2019
- “The Accidental Economist,” Hyun-Sung Khang, Finance and Development, IMF, Winter 2020.
- “COVID-19 Widens Racial Wealth Gap, Hitting Black Businesses Especially Hard,” Susan Tompor, USA Today and Detroit Free Press, June 19, 2020.
- “It Was a Mistake for Me to Choose This Field,’ Lisa D. Cook and Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman, New York Times, September 30, 2019
- “Mentoring Undergraduate Women Who Are Students of Color,” Lisa D. Cook, AEA CSWEP Newsletter, Issue 1, 2019
- NPR: “Marketplace,” “Morning Edition,” “Indivisible,” “Code Switch”
- MSNBC: “AM Joy with Joy Reid,
- Essence Magazine, Recognized as 1 of 5 Tech Masters, top executives and economists involved in the tech industry, November 2013.
- WABC-AM “ON AIR” (Iraq and lessons from post-conflict economies),New York, NY (Page not found)
- BET Special Appearance on Polish and other Debt Relief
- Guest Columnist, Detroit Free Press
- “Black names: Past, present, and future,” with Trevon D. Logan and John Parman, Vox, (CEPR’s Policy Portal), November 13, 2015
- “Racism Impoverishes the Whole Economy”, Lisa D. Cook, Economic View Columnist, New York Times, November 18, 2020.
- “Paycheck Security: Economic Perspectives on Alternative Approaches to Protecting Workers’ Pay During COVID-19,” Hearing of the Subcommittee on National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy, House Financial Services Committee, July 7, 2020
- “Long-Lasting Solutions for a Small-Business Recovery,” Hearing of the House Committee on Small Business, July 15, 2020
- “US-China: Winning the Economic Competition,” Hearing of the Subcommittee on Economic Policy, Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee, July 22, 2020
- “Examining the Racial and Gender Wealth Gap in America,” Hearing of the Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion, Committee on Financial Services, September 26, 2019 [research based on patent teams and innovation]
- “Lost Einsteins: Lack of Diversity in Patent Inventorship and the Impact on Americas Innovation Economy,” Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet Hearing, March 27, 2019 [based on Cook and Kongchareon (2011)]
- “The Financial Choice Act of 2017,” Hearing of the House Financial Services Committee, April 26, 2017
- “U.S. Africa Trade Relations: Creating a Platform for Economic Growth,” Joint Hearing of the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection of the Committee on Energy and Commerce and the Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, June 24, 2009 [based on American Economic Review (2009) article with Laura Beny]